Sunday, July 11, 2010

Leave the house NOW.

Today was the open house chez the Nomad Family. So of course there are the last minute touch-ups, washing floors, dusting, rats I spilled my coffee on the counter clean-up, and then at 2:59 PM, leave the house NOW. There was already a carful of people (family of 4 pouring out of all its doors) wanting to come in. Inspect every nook and cranny, and don't forget the attic.

Looking for a place to hang out for the next 90 minutes,and disappointed I was missing the soccer match (Go Spain!) I headed out for Sof's. Had a few items I need to drop off for the kids like a miniature watermelon, and a big red plastic handle. And GenBen's gift. Halfway there, Sof texts me: they're at the beach. Hey what about me? I would have enjoyed the beach. But, good for them. And too bad, I'll drive out there anyway and drop everything on their doorstep.

Which is what I almost did, forgot the GenBen gift in the car and just realized that now. But maybe I'll go tomoorrow. If someone is checkng out our house after work and I need a place to disappear to, I'll go see the kids.

We are starting to look forward to next Saturday when we pack up and head out. One car caravan, loaded as much as can be with items that will stay at a friend's place in Ottawa, alogn with the car. We are flying back here and will be driving the other car in August to our new home out East. I suspect I might not be getting a lot of work done this week, although when I am there, I do try to focus on the job at hand and not think of the move. This is becoming more and more of a challenge.

And then will begin the job hunting.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, who won that soccer match anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. España of course. My second choice after Ghana did not make it.

    ReplyDelete