Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting ready for the road trip.

I told him I would pack, but I am not too sure what we should bring. I've got the snacks planned, and drinks, and toilettries, and, well that'a bout it. Are we bringing the breakables with us? Are we packing up the computer, DVD player and other various electronics? I am not too sure. I think we might not be going to bed early tonight.

I went to see Sof & the boys for supper. I have very mixed feelings about this trip and have tried to focus only on the fun part of the adventure. Saying goodbye was very hard and we are both not talking about what happens after this trip. Pretend it's just a holiday. It's just easier right now to pretend. Yup, we're coming back in 10 days. Don't talk about what happens 5 days after that... As Basil Fawlty would say: Don't mention the War...

We had people come in to do estimates for moving our stuff to Ottawa. SOOOO expensive. I knew that , but still, a bit of a surprise. Ous is thinking we should just try to sell or donate everything and go empty handed. Maybe that would work for the furniture, but what about the books, CDs, winter clothes, and little every day items???? What about my shoe chair??? We are still undecided. But I am sure that spending quality time for the next 26 hours together in the car, we will be able to decipher all that.

I HATE moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment