Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jobs, jobs, jobs

It's not like I really want to work. It's more like I have to.

So I have been poring over job sites on the internet, sending resumes, wondering if I should apply here where I don't really want to work, or wait till something really interesting catches my eye. Hummm I may end up waiting a really long time.

I do have an interview tomorrow. It would be interesting, except the hours are brutal. Who wants to work every weekend, and sometimes until 1:30 am? I want to be able to spend some quality time with Ous, more than once a mnth. However going to a job interview is good, it allows me to hone my job interviewee skills. And who knows, maybe I am misinformed about the schedules. The good thing is that most of the jobs I am interested in don't start until October. Which gives me time to get my brain organized.

I did sent one resume to a potential employer that I find very interesting. Hours are good, schedule is acceptable, and pay is more than reasonable. I hope they contact me in the next couple of days. They did send me an email with a questionnaire to fill out, and hopefully they will be impressed enough with my answers to want to meet me. It's not to far away, accessible by bus and somewhat related to what I used to do in Winnipeg. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment