Monday, September 5, 2011

September, woah!

Yesterday on facebook, someone said my sister should write a blog of her "new adventures" in the land of icebergs and cod. Well not exactly in those words, but...

so I thought I should get back to mine. We've been here a little over a year, with a lot of ups and downs, and moving 4 times. Crazy! At least now, I think we found our spot, and I for one am not willing to move again, for a least three years. We have moved into a cozy 2 bedroom appartment, so close to my work that I can walk everyday, and steps away from the bus stop for O.

We now actually have furniture, a comfy little loveseat and 2 chairs, dining room ensemble, maple, very classy looking, so at last the living-dining area looks homey. The kitchen is a small but efficient size,our room is fairy large, and the other room, which for the moment we are using as office, is a decent size. We will probably set up a single bed in there at some point.

We have a balcony at least, as we of course do not have a backyard. However, our downstairs neighbours are smokers, and smoke rises... so I don't sit out there as much as I would like to, because of the smell. But there will be a lot of plants growing there next spring time and I will try to have it nice looking. Maybe the neighbours will move...

I finally managed to get my serger working again. With help from youtube on how to thread it, and the instructions manual, and my imagination and determination, it took a couple of hours, but I eventually got it running. So, I made some pillow cases, with really nice fabric that I had kicking around for a while. And cute little bottoms for Bella.

Today I adjust the curtains, as they are a bit too long, and I am not sure how the heating works in this place. The last thing I need is for the curtains to ignite...

No comments:

Post a Comment