Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This and that...

I put a whole bunch of stuff in the crockpot, and we should have a yummy supper tonight. My crockpot version of "le bouilli", beef, onions, carrots, potatoes, rutabagas... It seems I have been doing a lot of cooking in the last few days, last night I was complaining that all I have been doing lately is cooking. Oh well, as of next week, I won't be spending much time in the kitchen anymore.

I have also been doing a bit of sewing. That also is something I won't have much time for later on. So enjoying my free time for the next few days. I know it won't be easy getting up very early in the morning ad NOT going back to bed, but hoping on a bus to get my b*tt to work. Interesting. I am looking forward to learning new things, meeting new people, and facing new challenges.

I saw another house 2 days ago, thought maybe we could move out of here - our tiny little abode, but finally, after re-evaluating our budget, decided that we are better off staying here for another few months,until we know exactly what to expect. Try to save a bit, pay off the debts a bit too. And really it's not that bad here. Cozy. Not much storage. But it's home. For now.

Finally figured out how to upload to the ipod. It turns out I had an older version of itunes which didn't recognize the ipod. So I've been uploading a lot of our favorite cds, but whne I'm doing that, of course, I am not doing anything else. So... housework awaits for me in dark corners and leaps up from behind bedroom doors... and makes me wish I had a maid. Haha, that'll be the day!




Daughter got the little surprise I sent her in the mail yesterday. Glad she liked it. The cutest little winter hat, (not quite this colour) I'm sure they have some kind of name for that style, but can't think of it now. You'll get your socks at Christmas, dear, as usual... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment