Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm not buying anymore household appliances.

Everytime I do, I end up moving.

I remember the first washer and dryer we bought, when the kids were babies. So exciting, a new washing machine, that rinced out diapers twice! Wow! Two years later we sold the house, moved and ended up with a pair of much older washer and dryer... mmfft. A few years after that, when they gave up on us and died, we bought new ones, and lo and behold, moved a few months later, leaving behind our recent acquisitions. Bought another house later, and a wonderful, super-duper stove, then I ended up divorcing and he got the house and stove.

Two years ago, Ous and I bought a great front load washer. (New husband, new appliances, what the heck...) I had been wanting one for years, ( a front-loader) and the old thing I had in the basement seemd almost pre-historic. I jokingly told him (the husband)that each time I had bought a household appliance in the past I had ended up moving and leaving it behind. Well, 2 months later, we decided to pack up our stuff and move.... We did end up taking the washer along, for the ride. It didn't fit through the basement door, but somehow we managed to get it down there anyway.

Now we are moving again. Hey turns out, maybe I am the Nomad in this story. The appliances are all staying here. We'll find a nice appartment there. Then we will search high and low for appliances, and a house. Then we will buy the appliances, move them into the house and hopefully stay puy for at least 4 years.

At least, today, as we speak, that is the plan.

1 comment:

  1. Rhooo, trop contente de tes nouvelles. Dis moi, il n'y a pas d'adresse mail sur ton profil. Es tu sur Faceb**k ? As tu encore mon ancienne adresse mail ? Bises

    ReplyDelete