Sunday, June 27, 2010

I married a Nomad.

Didn't find out he was a nomad until recently, although the clues were there.

We met when he was travelling to Canada and came to visit a friend in Winnipeg in 2002. He returned fome after almost a year of travelling, and eventhough "home" was the capital city of his country, he worked a few hours away and came home on week-ends. Then he found a better job, but it was still a few hours away from home, in the other direction, And a couple more years down the road, he still lived in his country's capital city, but worked in a different country.

When I decided that I wanted to visit to travel the world, or at least visit some far away land, mutual friends of ours reminded me that I did know someone at the other end of the world, and this someone would be happy to be my guide in his homeland. So I got in touch with this man that I had met 3 years previously and he siad his family would be happy to welcome me in their home. Off I went. (Ok so maybe I also have nomad blood in my veins.)

This blog will tell the story of a man called... Ous, and a woman called Ni. Odds of them ever meeting were tiny to say the least. Odds of them ending up together, even less.

So my friends, stay tuned as I hope to make you smile with our stories, where we were, where we are now, and where we are headed in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment